For all types of ceremony you will need:
– Birth certificates for both Bride & Groom
– Passports for Bride & Groom (Passport photo copies of two witnesses, if you do not have witnesses this can be arranged in resort .The originals may be asked for when finalizing the wedding date if the witnesses are not arriving until later this still does not propose a problem)
– Decree Absolute. (If either party has been married before) this has to be the original.
– Death Certificate. (If either party is widowed) and previous Marriage Certificate.
– Affidavits for each Bride & Groom (Affidavits can be obtained in resort at a charge of 5 Euro per person approximately, and will also cost you the price of a taxi there and back. Also remember that Cyprus has many Bank Holidays and the courts may be closed, so we would always recommend you have them with you.
– If under the age of 18 yrs parental consent is also required in the form of an Affidavit stamped by a solicitor. (This has to be Provided in the UK)
– Baptism Certificate (for Anglican at least one has to be baptized, for Catholic both have to provide a baptism certificate
– Church Ceremony
1) Anglican Ceremony Baptism Certificate for at least one of either Bride or Groom (You must bring with you a confirmation form from your clergyperson that you have been attending your local church of choice)
2) Catholic Ceremony Baptism Certificates for both Bride and Groom.
Please remember that all original documents are to be presented at the Town Hall when licenses are applied for.
– FOR PASSPORT HOLDERS OTHER THAN BRITISH 10YRS
You are required to obtain from your Embassy or Minister of Interior a Certificate of no impediment, without this the wedding will not take place.